The ROCKS are an expanded clay and shale rock medium, mined exclusively for SEA OF GREEN SYSTEMS in the United States. Featuring an excellent Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC), SOGS ROCKS are fired for 2 hours at 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit in specialized rotary kilns to ensure the product will not carry pathogens, spores or disease. With increased porous structure and surface area, the ROCKS maintain steady hydraulic flow and excellent nutrient retention in the root zone. For use as a hydroponic planting medium or as an amendment to those growing in soil, the ROCKS provide plant root systems with a more natural environment than competing products.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- The product will not compress, degrade, decompose, or react with agricultural or horticultural fertilizers and chemicals.
- Rock is consistent, dependable and 100% manufactured so that the end product is physically and chemically inert.
- Fired for 2 hours in excess of 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit in our specialized rotary kiln ensures the product will not carry pathogens, spores, or disease. Ready to use right out of the bag.
- Mined and made exclusively in the USA, American Made.
- The lightest expanded clay and shale in the United States.
- Retains a high percentage of its weight in absorbed water and nutrients, giving it the ability to release water and nutrients to the root zone at a later time.
- Excellent CEC and provides more exchange sites than other hydro planting material. Since the sizing is not uniform to each rock, it provides a more natural environment for root systems. With its increased porous structure and surface area it maintains steady hydraulic flow and excellent nutrient retention in the root zone.
- Environmentally inert and generally natural pH. Helps maintain set pH in hydroponic water.
- Higher absorption rate than competitive products.
- Provides better anchorage and support for larger plants than competitive products.
- Will not float such as perlite, vermiculite and standard clay balls.
- Will not clog filters or drainage layer.
- Makes the perfect amendment to those growing in soil medium, creates air along with macro and micro pore space and reduces compaction in sand, clay and loam soils.
- Perfect for the making of designer soils incorporating ECOS Lightweight will provide permanent aeration, nutrient holding ability, and drainage within the root zone.
- An exceptional filtering media for metalloids, suspended solids, oil and grease. Excellent for use in Filter Strips, Rain Basins, Rain Gardens, Geo-Sacks, Underground Filter Fill and Waterfall.